|resources:||Home Mailing List Bugs How to Become a Mozdev Mirror Mozdev mime.types Source Code|
How to Become a Mozdev Mirror
We need help distributing the software developed on mozdev.org. If you have access to a well-connected site in some part of the world we need your support.
It's easy to become a mirror site. We only have the following requirements:
- Allocate at least 10 GB to the mirror.
- Carry the complete folder, with no "local" changes in your http document root.
- Make sure your mime.types file is properly configured.
- Check for updates every day, preferably at least four times a day. Every hour would even be better.
- Look at the region list and note which areas you are willing to serve (or as a global default)
- Subscribe to the mailing list for mirror maintainers.
- Send an mail to the list letting
us know your the following:
- mirror location
- supported protocols (http, ftp, rsync)
- contact address for the mirror
- supported regions (and/or global default)
- how frequently you sync
The download repository is available via anonymous rsync. Try this command:
rsync --delete -Lprtvz rsync.mozdev.org::mozdev /path/to/local/mirror
Don't hesitate to email the list if you have any questions or suggestions.